Before we dive into self-love journal prompts, let’s understand what are journal prompts.
What Is A Journal Prompt?
Have you ever had this feeling when you want to write something but don’t know what exactly to write about?
Journal prompts helps you to get a clearer idea of what should we focus on. It could be a short statement about your future, career, happenings of present-day, adventurous activities you want to do, and many more such desires.
Journal prompts gives you a quick idea about what further should your journal be containing. If I have to describe it in one sentence, I’d say- ‘it works like a fuel to set up the fire’.
A journal is a book of your own thoughts, emotions, new ideas, and feelings that you encounter every day. It could consist of pictures, drawings, writings, and even doodling. Maintaining a journal gives you self-satisfaction and encouragement of your own thoughts.
Writing down everyday experiences will make you feel better and lighter. it is also the best way to take out your daily frustration.
Writing a journal makes you feel as if someone is listening to you, there is someone with whom you can share your feelings with. There is no restriction, one can freely lead their thoughts out on the paper.
A journal is the best place where you can explore your inner creativity.
Journal writing has been a source of motivation and is relaxing to some people who refrain from talking to others. Some people may seek professional help while others maintain a journal in order to write down what they have been facing, every person has their own healing techniques, one such technique is journal writing.
Significance Of Writing a Journal
Journalising is an excellent method to come out of traumas, pain, grief, stress, anxiety and depression; by simply writing down what you are feeling.
Writing down everyday life experiences can help you discover your true self and identity, understand your own thoughts and emotions.
Journaling is a kind of self-development technique, which you should exercise for your own development. Journaling can have a cathartic experience in getting rid of your toxic habits and emotions.
Many times while writing down daily experiences, you will learn the mistakes and wrong decisions you have made.
End of the day, nothing matters, except realizing your flaws, achievements, decisions, and emotions.
Just like a camera, you can anytime reflect back on your ideas, shape them, give them meaning and reach a conclusion through the journal.
A journal also acts a source of inspiration for achieving your goals and aspirations. It’s like a best friend, whom you should keep along always, who will listen to you without judging your thoughts and emotions.
Why Are Self-Love Journal Prompts Necessary?
Life is all about the downs and the highs. When things are going well for us, we are beaming with joy and full of confidence. But on facing some problems, we panic and fear the worst. Now, our actions and thought processes become negative.
This starts a cycle of self-fulfilling prophecy of failures and disappointments. This affects our mental health which ultimately leads to frustration and depression.
We start blaming ourselves even for things beyond our control. At these delicate times, what your soul needs is oodles of self-love and self-care!
Here are some self-love journal prompts, if you are feeling down or feel that you’re not good enough, you can write on the topics given below in order to regain your confidence and know that you are the best version of yourself.
My Favourite Self-Love Journal Prompts
- List down the hobbies which make you feel loved, one should always do stuff which makes them happy, hence everyone should have a hobby.
- List down the 5 things which you love about yourself
- List down the 3 things that no one can beat you at?
- Observe your surroundings and list down all the things you are thankful for
- Write down your best personality trait
- Write yourself a future letter
- List down your bad habits and how you should try to improve them
- What are the 3 things that make you happy?
- Write a thank you letter for yourself
- Write the name of those people who never left your side and thank them
- Make a list of all the compliments you received today
- Make a list of the times you spend overthinking about a certain problem that was not even that big and learn from it.
- Make yourself a timetable and follow it
- Describe yourself in 10 sentences
- List out all the things which make you a better person
- List out all those things which make you believe that you are a good friend
- Write down some future advice for yourself
- Write down some motivating quotes for your future self
- Write down about the things which make you feel powerful about yourself
- List down all the things which make you feel like you have complete control over yourself and your mindset
- Make a list of all the things which you would like to include in your dream life
- Write down your greatest challenge in life right now and then compare it to a previous challenge and how you overcame it.
- Write down the goals for a certain month and how you seek to complete them
- Make a list of all the regrets you have and how you decided never to let yourself regret anything again
- Make a list of all those things which you want by the end of the year and prepare a timetable in order to fulfill them
- Write down what you want to be and what you want to attain in the next 5 years and seek to complete it
- Write down a list of people who make you happy and concentrate on them
- Write down at least 3 negative mindsets which you have and how you can work in order to get rid of them
- Write down how you can improve your daily routine, and what are the challenges you are facing, and how to overcome them
- Write about 5 things that make you smile and do the 5 things daily
- Write down your 5 best positive affirmations and recite them whenever you feel distressed.
- Write about your passions
- List out the changes you want to make in your life
- List your biggest time wasters
- Write one good habit that you want to inculcate this year
- Write down the things you love about your body
- Write down the challenge that you overcame
- Think of a book that impacted you and your way of thinking. (Check out my favorite)
- How would you describe yourself to a stranger?
- List your role-models and what traits do you share with them