Having an eye color as grey is quite unique and fascinating. If you are one of those lucky people or know somebody who has grey-shaded eye color, then here’s what you may have wondered about grey eyes meaning. Here’s what you need to know!
What does Science say about Grey Eyes?
Eyes are the window to the soul. It’s incredible to know that recent studies at Edinburg University found that eye color may be linked to brain development. So it means that having grey eyes may actually reveal a little bit about who you are on the inside.
Scientists think that dark grey eyes might be the result of a thin layer of melanin in the front layer of the iris, causing a sort of cloud in front of the bent light which then dims the blue color. They also think that light grey eyes might be caused by eyes having very little melanin in the front layer of the iris.
Having such an eye color is not only fascinating but also rare.
Let’s explore more about the uniqueness and significance of people with grey eyes.
General Interpretations and Spiritual Meanings if You Have Grey Eyes
Here are some hidden grey eyes meanings that will give you a greater insight into the people with such traits.
You are a mysterious spirit
People often find it difficult to understand what’s going on in your mind. Having grey eyes means that you are as complex and mischievous from the inside as your grey eyes are.
People can’t judge your next move unless and until you reveal it to them. Though it’s a plus point sometimes these attributes often make it difficult for people to understand and interact with you. They are for sure left spellbound by your aura and the vibes that surround you.
You are a good secret keeper too and prefer keeping your own secrets to yourself to be on the safer side. You play your card well. You never fail to surprise people with your hidden abilities and talent.
Have patience, you will definitely find someone as crazy and loving as you.
You love freedom
You are someone who loves to live their life their own way without any restrictions. Your grey eyes reveal that you are a free spirit!
“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.“ 2 Corinthians 3:17
Freedom is something that defines you. It goes hand in hand with you. You enjoy taking risks and exploring new stuff. You are also a wanderlust and love going on solo trips.
Apart from this, you flounder finding an apt partner for yourself who accepts the way you are. You are eagerly searching for someone who sees the psycho in you and still loves you for how crazy you are, someone who is willing to support you during the ups and downs of the crazy ride you call life.
You are competitive
If you have grey eyes then it means you won’t be taken aback to know that you are firm with your competitors and most often end up excelling over them. Studies show that people with grey eyes are more competitive, making them prime teammates.
The study, published by Current Psychology and summarized by Joe, found that people with lighter-colored eyes have a tendency to not just be more competitive but to also be more skeptical.
You have this God-gifted ability to outshine others. Don’t let it go waste at any cost. You must participate in as many competitions as you can and explore more to you hold inside.
You are incredibly creative
You always keep coming up with a unique idea that surprises everyone. You have a very creative mindset and perspective towards everything you do. You end up creating something productive even out of something that was of no use.
Many people even envy your creative thinking ability, so all they do is criticize because they can’t be like you. You are unique in your own way. Don’t feel disheartened upon hearing hate comments. Always remember that if you have haters, then you are going on the right track.
You are surprisingly a better marksmen
Observing soldiers at Camp Bowie, a military training camp, the Sausalito News came out stating that grey-eyed people are better marksmen. Not only this, Applied Colloid Chemistry: General Theory, a science text originally published in 1926, also posits the theory that blue-eyed and grey-eyed people are better shots with a rifle.
The theory can also be found in the literature of the time. Ambrose Bierce’s short story, An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, published in 1890, alludes to the belief.
“He observed that it was a grey eye and remembered having read that grey eyes were keenest and that all famous marksmen had them,” wrote Bierce as he described a man with a gun.
You are prone to alcoholism
This may not be true for all people possessing grey eyes, but According to a study published in Personality and Individual Differences (via Psychology Today), people with light-colored eyes might be predisposed to drink more.
Even according to research published in ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, the odds of a light-eyed person being alcohol dependent is 1.8 folds more than a dark-eyed person.
Not only this, but also according to a study published in the ominously named Journal of Pain- “Light-eyed people are not just less sensitive to alcohol, but are also less sensitive to medicine”.
Read more: What Does It Mean When Your Eye Twitches?
Pros of Having Grey Eyes
1) People with grey eyes are also less likely to have vitiligo.
2) The lowered risk for vitiligo suggests that people with grey eyes may have a lower risk for a few other autoimmune diseases as people with vitiligo are at higher risk for other autoimmune diseases.
3) People with light eyes are more likely to be bothered by harsh lighting or a sunny day.
4) People with grey eyes are usually quiet, conforming, and self-effacing.
5) Grey color represents wisdom and gentleness. ▪︎ Grey-eyed people are sensitive, but possess a great deal of inner strength and think analytically. They can also change their mood to suit any situation at hand.
6) You don’t generally fool around, and take everything, from professional work to love and romance, very seriously.
Cons of Having Grey Eyes
1) There are some risks associated with having eyes of this hue. If you have grey eyes, you should take special care to protect your eyes from the glare of the sun. “People with light iris color need to be diligent in wearing UV-protected sunglasses,” ophthalmologist Ruth Williams told Everyday Health.
2) People with light eyes are more likely to be bothered by harsh lighting or a sunny day.
3) If you have dark grey eyes, you tend to be very difficult to trust. If you have light grey eyes, you make your very serious or cold which may send the wrong signal to others that you’re not a fun person.
4) Studies show that people with grey eyes may be more likely to develop Uveal cancer.
5) Depending on factors like lighting and clothing, grey eyes may appear to change color.
Why Does Eye Color Change?
It happens often that a newborn has grey eyes but as he/she grows the color of the eye changes further. Eye color also can change with age. This happens in 10 to 15 percent of the Caucasian population.
But sometimes eye color changes can be a forewarning of certain diseases, such as Fuch’s heterochromic iridocyclitis, Horner’s syndrome, or pigmentary glaucoma.
Do look up to a doctor in such a case.