You must have taken note of your eye twitching at various instances and pondered about whether or not it holds a meaning hidden behind it.
What Does It Mean When Your Eye Twitches?
According to the bible, the eye is the lamp of the body. They can represent omniscience and a gateway into the soul. So, there are many spiritual meanings of eye twitching.
Eye-twitching is considered as an omen or nature’s warning of certain effects. It may indicate your future and how it would be gushing with the fortune or misfortune.
Frequent eye twitching is fairly uncommon. Though researchers are not sure about what exactly causes this, it is strongly believed to hold a bigger picture hidden behind it which is left to be discovered and interpreted by you. In the end, it depends on your perspective.
Here are a few reasons why your eye is twitching.
What Does It Mean When Your Left Eye Twitches?
Left eye twitching is thought to a forewarning of some misfortune about to take place.
Though there is no such reference in the Bible about left or right eye twitching, it is strongly believed by mystics that there are hidden spiritual reasons behind this phenomenon.
However, the reasons believed behind your left twitching constantly are:
1) You are unnecessarily worried about what people may say about
The most common cause of eye-twitching is taking loads of stress. You keep on worrying about what other people’s opinion about you. You are amiable and helpful to others and are willing to put your best foot forward.
You give people more than they deserve, and in return, you receive no respect or importance. This is sending negative signals to your subconscious mind and you veer towards sadness and depression.
You question your actions and behavior and wonder what wrong have you done?
The left eye twitching is a sign from God to be aware of such people who don’t value your presence. God is are asking you to keep away from such people in order to save yourself from anxiety.
You owe yourself all the love you so freely give to other people.
Just be kind to others and god shall reward you, don’t bother about the people who don’t appreciate your efforts.
2) You Might Have Made A Blunder In The Past Few Days
You are thinking about your wrong actions committed in the past and are scared about facing the consequences, so you end up worrying about it too often.
Left eye twitching signals that you are likely to face misfortune ahead.
God is giving you a forewarning to start doing good deeds in order to forget stressing about your wrong deeds.
Be on the lookout for serving yourself nicely. Don’t panic about anything and stay calm. You just need to be cautious enough to understand what’s coming in.
3) You Remain In Your Past More Than Your Present
When you find your left eye twitching constantly, it may be a signal that you are worried about the past and thus are unable to focus on your present to make a bright future.
You miss the old memories so much so that they are stuck in your mind ever since then. The good and the bad memories are haunting you.
You wish more about ‘what if I could have done that’ rather than ‘what if I do this now’. Even though you are willing to move forward there’s something still left behind that’s pulling you back.
God is conveying that you must let go of the past. Forgive the mistakes and remember the lesson.
What Does It Mean When Your Right Eye Twitches
Psychics contend that twitching of the right eye is is a good omen and something nice is going to happen around you.
Right eye twitching is a good sign. There are physical reasons also for right eye twitching like lack of sleep and stress but if you have discounted these factors then there are other deep underlying spiritual reasons.
The few reasons behind the twitching of the right eye are:
1) It’s time to use your potential-
The twitching of the right eye is an optimistic sign that indicates that you must make use of your capabilities in the best form to obtain a commendable outcome.
You are full of potential that you are unaware of and need to find a way to express it.
It is a sign that you must introspect yourself calmly and give yourself more time so that you can utilize your hidden talent to do something productive.
Opportunities are knocking at your door, you just need to know the right door and time to execute your skills and achieve laurels for yourself and your loved ones.
The chances are galore. You must grab them and make yourself proud!
2) You are about to meet someone whom you have not seen for a long time-
Many people believe that right eye twitching is a sign that you are soon going to meet someone you haven’t met for long. It may be an acquaintance, your ex or an old good friend.
Meeting him/her would be worth it, you will reminisce and rejoice all the past memories together.
For a while, you would be able to come out of the worries that bother you on a daily basis and would freely be able to enjoy yourself.
3) You should manifest what you dream
You dream big and believe that you can achieve what you think. You think about ways to achieve your goals with hard work.
The obstacles that hinder your way are a threat to you, and you burn off your energies on focusing to eradicate it anyhow.
You must remain calm and think rationally. Keep patience and be determined, God will definitely show you the path so that you can smoothly conquer the odds.
4) You have a sharp mind
You generally have innovative ideas running over your mind. You are unique in your own way and have lots of things to think about. You can even multitask.
You must use your brain to obtain productive outcomes.
Don’t stress on reading too many books, reading the right and subtle ones will help enhance your knowledge.
You may be in a state of dilemma when it comes to choosing the right career/field as you are good at many subjects and you often exhaust your brain thinking about it.
Just relax and listen to what your instincts tell you.
Don’t exhaust your brain by focussing on negatives. Use it for the welfare of your economy.
The next time you find your right eye twitching, you must thank him for providing you positivity and strength.
5) You are about to get your dream job
You might have applied for a big event coming up or a job opportunity that you have always dreamt of accomplishing.
The twitching of your right eye could indicate that you need not worry about you not getting shortlisted.
Your hard work won’t go waste. Rather you should prepare yourself for a fresh and positive start towards something new.
It is very likely to turn out in your favor. You most probably might have a good fortune coming up!
How Different Cultures Interpret Eye Twitching
The beliefs regarding eye-twitching vary depending on which eye is affected:
- Some cultures believe that flickering of the left eye for women is a good sign and the flickering of the right is a bad omen.
- If your right eye jumps, someone is speaking in your favor. If your left eye jumps, someone is saying bad things about you.
- If your left eye flickers, your loved one or a friend may be in trouble. If your right eye flickers it means you are going to meet a friend of yours after a long time.
- If your upper eyelid of any eye twitches, it’s believed that you will soon receive an unexpected visitor. If your lower eyelid twitches, it’s believed you’ll soon begin crying.
- If your left eye twitches, it can indicate the arrival of a stranger or an impending death in the family. There is also a right eye twitching superstition that a twitching right eye could signify that a child will be born soon.
What Are The Common Physiological Causes Behind Eye-Twitching?
Eye twitching also known as myokymia is an involuntary eyelid muscle contraction, which typically affects your lower eyelid. An eye twitch is usually nothing serious and is common so you need not worry about it.
It’s the most common reasons that trigger an eye twitch are:
- Taking loads of tension and stress in the past few days which ultimately leads to anxiety.
- When you feel too fatigued.
- Drinking an excess of alcohol and consumption of tobacco.
- Too much consumption of caffeine or coffee can also trigger eye twitching.
- Overuse of mobile, laptop, or watching TV in dim light can cause eye strain which will ultimately result in eye-twitching.
- Allergies can result in watery eyes and if you rub your eyes it may cause eye twitching to take place.
- Some reports suggest that a lack of certain nutritional substances, such as magnesium, can trigger eyelid spasms.
- If your eyes feel dry or gritty, it can be a reason for eye twitching. Many adults experience dry eyes.
What Can Be Done To Reduce Or Cease Eye Twitching?
Eye twitching is totally harmless but at times it can get onto your nerves and drive your entire attention to it. It can be really irritating at times which leads you to procrastinate things and take rest.
You must keep a note about when and how often they occur.
The few steps you can take to get relief from eye-twitching are:
- Stop worrying anymore and get adequate sleep
- Apply a warm compress to your eye
- Keep away from consuming alcohol and excess of caffeine
- Try to lubricate your eyes, you can consider starring for some time so that your eyes become watery rather than going for eye drops.